Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Exercise in Trusting.

  It's interesting that ever since I started a book study on The Worst Evil--Losing Yourself people all around me have been getting slammed, especially my daughter and her family. Two days ago my son-in-law said , "Don't write any more books!"
  It is also very interesting that I have been doing well. I am so grateful. It isn't that I haven't had any upsets. I have them regularly. You would have fallen on the floor laughing yesterday if you had seen the mess in my kitchen. Thank God, I didn't even see the worst of it.
  I had been making waffles, and using two irons because why not, I have two and it would be faster. Then I went to get ready for work and left my husband in charge. About that time the electricity went off. He figured out that two waffle irons and the toaster oven (keeping them warm) blew the circuit, so he fixed that. Then he was putting more batter in the one that rotates and it turned over while he was putting it in. Poor thing. He kept coming and giving me updates.
  About that time I absent-mindedly dumped a whole container of charcoal mineral make-up on my white vanity. I laughed out loud. And that is the most amazing part. I don't always have that reaction, but my reactions haven't been anything like before.
  Is it because I'm more aware of dark side antics or because I'm more protected? God promised me protection before the book came out, and I am keeping that focus. It has helped amazingly. I know they have no real power over me. Last weekend my husband and I were having a wonderful weekend away and we got into a fight. Neither one of us knew how to pull out of it, and I just turned to God and said I don't know what to do, and before long we were laughing. Amazing. Try it. He works in you and with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment