Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day Can be Beautiful No Matter What!

When your kids are far away or not in close relationship with you, Mother's Day can be a hard day. Maybe even a day of regret and sadness. But today is one of those for me on all counts, and I choose to be happy because I can do that! We can choose happiness! It's a gift God has given us--the choice to be happy and grateful when there seems to be no reason to be happy, or even if you have evidence not to be happy!

This morning, this Mother's Day choice is heightened for me because my husband got very angry when I tried to get him to look at his part in a confrontation we had previously had, and now he isn't speaking to me. This is going to be a silent day!

But I am excited because it is a beautiful day and it means I have all this time to be alone with God soaking in His love--all Three of Them that fill that position of God! Wow! Three lovers who want to be with me! Three who love me wildly--even with my poor little crippled heart! I have everything I need to be joyful and have a great day! I even have the bonus of a gazebo and backyard in bloom!

But it is my choice.

In my time with God this morning, I suddenly realized how uncomfortable I am being loved! I never knew that before. It was shocking, but events  have stacked up evidence lately to bring it home to the inside. So clearly I need this retreat today. I need this respite. I need the practice of letting myself be loved and leaning into it. I need to receive and get comfortable receiving, and being grateful.

Learning that, I couldn't wait to get started. God is so sweet. They fill me with awe at Their love.

So if you are in that position too, choose with me, and see what happens. Watch God fill your heart. I bet we will be amazed at the end of the day. Our perception is so changed by a choice. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment